Also Forgot I wrote this

Taken at Kinkaku-ji during my first trip to Japan...also on my phone's camera so... 

This is a poem/observation thing that I wrote as I strolled the grounds of Kinkakuji or the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto, Japan. Enjoy!


The Golden Pavilion

Autumn kisses gently in this place
and slowly.
This lover is young though,
and shy
I can smell but I
cannot taste her.
Ah. There.
Faint like rain
And then he rises
majestic
      Japan.
I can taste his scent
overpowering,
    sheathed
in vestments of
      gold.
And still he is plain,
his art practiced
to sloppy indifference.
It is a shame really,
this first viewing.
Things are finished here;
there is nothing left for
the soul.
The world has won this place.
     And yet,
hope remains in the stillness of islands
and the rustle of pine

This came after the similar thing I wrote about Riyoanji, so it's actually supposed to be read after that observation poem. Hmm...Ah well. I'll post that poem later.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

So I have been hinting at this, but just to confirm all of your suspicions, yes, I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. In all seriousness, I am once again abroad--In Israel now--and once things have settled into some form of normalcy I will begin to blog about my experiences here--and they are many!

Blogroll

About

More often than not, I read blogs that serve as daily diaries of a sort or review trollops (not that I don't enjoy my review strumpets). Astrum Umbrarum (or "of star shadows" as the Latin is translated), lies somewhere in between, as I have discovered over the years. Life Reviews. As I live, and travel, create and explore, I will discover beautiful things. This space is where I hope to share those things with all the snark they deserve.