Day- I'm living with Kia

Yea...I'm just going to keep posting these. Haha. I've suddenly gotten passionate about politics so I'm going to start posting my thoughts on that as well--I know, dangerous.


Day- I’m living with Kia?!
I had my life planned out. I really did. Undergrad, fellowship to oxford for international law, law school, Foreign service or something. These were the steps I was to follow of be a happy successful life. Then I met Kia. Malakia the gorgeous and Magnificent (See earlier post), is an expert when it comes to traveling on someone else’s dime. Usually the government’s. She opened up a whole new world of fellowships and lifestyle choices to me, and she really is my best friend here. So when I FINALLY had arrangements for a flat with the lovely Clarissa and Rachel in the only slightly more lovely Maadi I had only one more issue to take care of. Where was I going to live until I could move in to my flat? The Magdy’s, while my favorite Egyptian family, were in a transition phase in their lives. Heba, was getting married and was soon going to move out and Mahmoud was going back to America for a spell. In other words, no one would be there to keep an eye on me, I had to leave. Before school started. And who should jump to my aid, knight in shining armor that she is? Kia, Kate, Ryan and Sean. These four comprise the “gang” I will refer to. I love these guys like I love food (note: not as much as before coming to Egypt as you well know).  Kia is wonderful and I love her to bits. Her boyfriend Sean is like the sweetest person ever (and you should know that he has the infamous “lion eyes” that natives from the Indian peninsula are sometimes blessed with) and gives me cause to want to hug him every day. Kate is fantastic. We had a Glee moment…okay more like night but whatever. She’s one of those “I’m pretty fluent in Arabic, going with the wind, so cool an ice cube would be jealous, charismatic as chocolate” types of people. So when it turned out that she also was into musical theatre (and that her voice is fantastic), well, a beautiful thing began. Ryan, last but not least, is the somewhat sensible, former dorm conflict resolution operator. He’s also cute as a button, I mean in the way guys in their thirties are. I met him the same day I met Kia, at the hostel…which is a story I realize I haven’t told you…hmm. Anyway they all agreed to let me stay with them until I could move in. Just let that sink in.
So I’m sleeping on their couch—ahem comfortable couch shaped apparatus—and trying not to be too much of a leech (which is hard because I’m in college and that’s what we do. We mooch and leech). So bum, bada bum, bum, bum, bam! Introducing “the Gang”; my platonic support pillar here in Egypt. May our adventures be fruitful and ridiculous. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

So I have been hinting at this, but just to confirm all of your suspicions, yes, I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. In all seriousness, I am once again abroad--In Israel now--and once things have settled into some form of normalcy I will begin to blog about my experiences here--and they are many!

Blogroll

About

More often than not, I read blogs that serve as daily diaries of a sort or review trollops (not that I don't enjoy my review strumpets). Astrum Umbrarum (or "of star shadows" as the Latin is translated), lies somewhere in between, as I have discovered over the years. Life Reviews. As I live, and travel, create and explore, I will discover beautiful things. This space is where I hope to share those things with all the snark they deserve.